Friday, March 20, 2009

Of Dinos and Men


Authors Note: Pressing family, personal and school demands stole me away from my keyboard, hence the lack of posts for some time. However I am back, Slizzard has begun to wonder about again, and surely again we will be on our merry way to Slizzard Sluccess and Glory!

Alas returned from the darkness of his master's inventory, buried beneath the gadgets, the glasses, the bow ties and school girl outfits....school girl outfits??? Ha! The Slizzard has returned, and yush my friends it tiz' been a long time since we last met.

Having dusted myself off, stepping from my swampy residence under the Reservoir Mainstore where my maker has condemed me, along with his other ugly, beastly creations...I have set my eyes on no certain future. No goal, just exposure to the masses and hopefully meeting some friends along the way!
My typical day consists of arriving at a destination, sneaking past the owners or merchants (I've found the sneaking part a little hard, as the Bradford Pear trees and small dinky Banzai sculptures hardly provide much cover) and then snapping some shots. Sadly my friends, as documented here before, life is extremely hard for a large lizzard such as myself. We face merciless racists, belligerent estate owners and not to mention the low ceilings! Ach! What hurts worse, I can hardly describe, the pain of my isolation and rejection or the headache after smashing my goofy head into someones' pagoda!

A thought arose in my mind today, that perhaps it would be best to try and dabble in the Lizard world...otherwise known as the Wild Kingdom...no not the Disney theme park! I mean the real wold, where humans scarcely go except for exotic get aways...

I too deserve a get away. Too many rejections and bans can put even the most light hearted slizzards into a cloudy mood.

So I sat there pondering the possibilities. A furry sex club? No, not yet and I'm terrified of the thought of seeining Starfox 64 dancing the macarena. Grendal's Pet's showroom? No, I fear going to places such as that, anyone on the Showcase tab tends to have little patience for kind souls such as myself. Finally, I thought of something, but only when I looked it up and found it really did exist, had I settled on my daily outing:


Ah yush, a fitting place to meet friends wouldn't you say! I thought so myself, and eagerly took the magical wormhole tp to the destination. The place is stunning, okay well, aside from the trees which for someone like me, tend to make walking anywhere a damn messy situation. Take a look

(A note to visitors planning on Tping, make sure to have your graphics settings up a bit, and turn the tree slider all the way to High, otherwise they look like rubbish both from afar and up close, they are Linden trees, kind of funny, prehistoric sim and epoch portrayed with prehistorically shabby graphically appealing trees lol)

So I arrived, and as I've learned in the past I have to make my stay quick and sneaky. Constantly on the move, watching for anyone who would seek to throw me out, and even more so because I really didn't want my arse bitten by a raptor or T-rex.

Looking side to side, watching out for the occasional human tourist, I wound my way hither and away, branches smacking me in my face, and the unseen but heard screams of newbs crumbling beneath my paws. I looked around for any sign of dinosaurs but was put off to find none, however only after careful study I did find some as you can see below. But get this. They were mute. They were prim. They WERENT REAL! Omgz, does not my maker realize my wits are singed and my morale is crippled, how many more false excitments am I to produce before I collapse and drown in my own sorrow!


Alas no time for whining. I decided prior to leaving I'd snap a few pics, check out the tower and scope out some scenery before I headed home...You'll see the pics below, but for now I'm done speaking. I must console myself, and remind myself that someday we will find a land with friendly, intelligent and light hearted friends.

Till next time :P
















No comments:

Post a Comment