Friday, February 27, 2009

Don't know much bout' Biology



Feeling pretty down gang.

This blog post hurts, it really does. Maybe I'm just getting down from being banned and asked to leave so often, but then again this one hurt the most. I traveled to Science Island, the home of NPR's inworld hub for Science Friday (NPR show broadcast on air, they take questions from sl residents too). Well I get there and I hobble over to the stage and am instantly greeted..

No my friends not by the friendly "hello," or "good afternoon," only by this now tired and rotten refrain "Oh (insert location name) gets greifed too? Oh that's just a shame!" :( When's the last time you said that to a human, well behaved or otherwise dashing in his appearences? Never! See there is proof people hold a racist bias against big green monsters!

Now I tried my best to talk them down, I pointed out in fact my average lag (ARC rating) was actually lower than one head of hair of your average avatar. No that didn't work, I recieved numerous "xxxxx glances disparingly at Beagle Weezles" coupled with a few less than friendly Ims. A few more said "you will change out of your avatar correct? When the show starts?"

Change out of my what? My avatar! I am a jolly green lizard! I can't simply just wish away my form. Well...actually...I gave that some thought, seeing nobody seems to accept me, I honestly pondered the thought...


Well Anyway, I approached my hero the show's host, Ira Flato and though I was too scared to talk to him I think he looked at me. But the harrassment continued until finally I got an IM from the manager of the location...

In short gang, she told me to buzz off...

Knowing I could never release myself of my hideous form, I declined her offer to "change to a acceptable appearence" and just left. She had me in IMs and talked me down, my spirits already crushed twice now today, I began to just sorrowfully nod and make my way back home...

Life is pitiful. But at least I got to call her Hun.

No comments:

Post a Comment